Sunday 27 December 2015

Home

I've been gone forever
Too long I've roamed
Too far I've travelled
Too far away from home
...
Teardrops through the window
Neighbors say goodbye
Mothers, sons and daughters
Travels far and wide
...
Vast wide-open oceans
Hostile foreign land
Innumerable destinations
...
A quest
A mission
A plan
...
Ghosts they sometimes haunt me
Box once filled with sand
Friends I used to play with
I've been away too long
...
Stranger in my hometown
New faces, different beat
Walkways now paved over
Trails are now called Streets
...
Endless turquoise shorelines
Upbeat Marley songs
Land of wood and water
Catchy playful slang
...
Haunted by these memories
Sensation, oh so strong
Gone are those I've treasured
Back home I don't belong
...........................................
- Thomas © June 01, 2015



No comments:

Photo Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

My rap sheet

My photo
"If you're not inspired by those around you, you're in the wrong space."